Customer Care Policies
In order to make your purchasing experience easy and enjoyable, we have outlined details below regarding Loring Customer Care policies. If you need additional help, or have any questions, you can contact us via e-mail at email@example.com
Loring Smart Roast
3200 Dutton Ave., STE #413
Santa Rosa, CA 95407
Customer Service/Tech Support: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. PST, Monday – Friday, excluding major U.S. holidays. Call +1 (707) 526-7215 x 217.
The prices listed on this website are FOB Santa Rosa, California, payable in U.S. dollars.
Due to market fluctuation and the possibility of errors, Loring reserves the right to change pricing as needed without notice. To confirm pricing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express, JCB and Diners Club are available to customers within the United States and Canada.
- Mailed orders paid with a company or personal check may be held 10 days for clearing of funds. Orders paid with guaranteed funds (money order, cashier's check, certified check, wire transfer) ship within 24 hours of receipt. We charge $30.00 for each returned check, plus any applicable legal fees incurred.
- Customer pays fees imposed by the sending and receiving bank. Over payments are applied as a credit on file toward future purchases. For payment accounting information please reach out to email@example.com with your requested order, payment account information will be provided to you by return email.
We are required by law to collect state sales tax in the state of California.
We make every attempt to have all products on the shelf and ready to ship. When you order an item for which we do not have available stock, we will ship any in-stock parts and backorder the remaining items. Multiple backordered items will ship together. There are no additional shipping charges for backorders. If backordered items cannot be shipped within 60 days of the original order, we will cancel the backorder and notify you.
Orders submitted via the internet are downloaded within minutes to allocate inventory for you. While we make every attempt to maintain deep inventory levels to avoid backorders, items shown in stock at the time you place your web order may become allocated by orders taken before yours.
Since we cannot change an order once you submit it, please contact +1 (707) 526-7215 x 224 to check the status of your order and request the following options:
Substitutions or Void Order
- If your order has not shipped, we will cancel/void the order so that you can submit a new, revised order. Please allow 3-7 days for the original credit card authorization to drop off.
Ship-to Address Changes
The following FedEx Package Interception services are available (but not guaranteed) for orders with "Shipped" status.
Redirect/Change ship-to address
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 (707) 526-7215 x 224 to request a redirect.
Return to sender (Loring)
- Return shipping charges billed to us by the carrier for the returned package will be billed to your account and must be paid prior to placing additional orders. You will also be responsible for any additional shipping fees accrued.
We ship orders Monday through Friday from our warehouse in Santa Rosa, California. Most orders ship the same day when received before 12:00 PM PST unless otherwise noted in product description of vendor / manufacturing lead time.
We are happy to ship to all North American Locations. Sign into your Loring shopify online account (or create a new one), add your items to the cart and select "Checkout" to see payment and shipping options and estimated delivery times available to your location. Countries or carriers not displayed as an option at checkout are currently not available.
All shipping fees displayed are for parcel / freight cost only.
Duty/taxes or other import fees imposed by the receiving country and/or FedEx may be required at the time of delivery. Contact your local Customs Bureau for regulations and expected fees in your country.
Unclaimed/refused orders are abandoned and are seized by the carrier. Such orders are non-refundable.
Within moments of placing your phone or internet order, we will email you a notification confirming receipt of your order. When the order ships, we will email again with your tracking # and order details.
Every shipment contains a Packing Slip itemizing the part #’s and quantities shipped or backordered.
Orders placed online while signed into your Loring shopify account are viewable in your Loring shopify account. Phone orders are not stored in your online account as this time but can be viewed / sent by a Loring representative if requested.
You may track your order at our site or elect to visit the carrier’s site.
Loring will offer store credit for purchases that were made in error. You may return it to us in new, pristine condition within 30 days of the purchase date and we will promptly issue you a credit to be used on a future purchase. Include a copy of your packing slip or invoice with your return and provide us the following information:
- Part #/quantity being returned.
- Reason for return. If your product is defective, please call our Technical Support Team to obtain a Return Authorization # at 707-526-7215 x 217.
- Contact person, phone # and email for whom we can contact in the event further information is needed to complete your return.
Please read Merchandise Returns Terms and Conditions below before returning products. Restocking fees (up to 50%) or denied returns may apply when conditions are not met.
Merchandise Returns Terms and Conditions
Merchandise returns require pre-authorization from a Loring Technical Support Representative and require a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) #. Email email@example.com or call +1 (707) 526-7215 x 217. Write the RMA# clearly on the outside of the outer carton.
All refunds are issued to the original method of payment.
Return all accessories, manuals/instructions, warranty cards, manufacturer packaging (including factory box, foam, fillers, and padding), hardware (grills, screws, etc.) and printed material (booklets, manuals, instructions, etc.) Fees imposed to us by our supplier to replace packaging, hardware, or printed materials are deducted from the refund amount.
Return postage-prepaid and insured via ground or parcel post. Package the product to protect it from damage in route to Loring Smart Roast. Insure the package for the value of the product. In the event the returned package is damaged in route to Loring due to insufficient packaging, you may file a claim with the carrier. Insufficient packaging may be cause for some carriers to deny damage claims.
Most returns are processed in 7-10 business days. Please note some returns may require extended processing days for technical evaluation, peak times, etc.
Loring Smart Roast
Attn: Customer Care Dept.
3200 Dutton Ave., STE # 413
Santa Rosa, CA 95407
The warranty obligations of LSR for this product are limited to the terms set forth below:
What is Covered
- This limited warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship in this product.
What is Not Covered
- This limited warranty does not cover any damage, deterioration or malfunction resulting from any alteration, modification, improper or unreasonable use or maintenance, misuse, abuse, accident, neglect, exposure to excess moisture, fire, improper packing and shipping (such claims must be presented to the carrier), lightning, power surges, or other acts of nature. This limited warranty does not cover any damage, deterioration or malfunction resulting from the assembly, installation or removal of this product from any installation, any unauthorized tampering with this product, any repairs attempted by anyone unauthorized by LSR to make such repairs, or any other cause which does not relate directly to a defect in materials and/or workmanship of this product. This limited warranty does not cover crates, cartons, equipment enclosures, cables or accessories used in conjunction with this product. This limited warranty does not include wear items or consumables, including but not limited to filters, cooling paddle wipers, axel shaft plastic bushings, bulbs, or fuses. This limited warranty does not cover any damage resulting from misuse of the product, including misuse for roasting anything other than green coffee beans. Without limiting any other exclusion herein, LSR does not warrant that the product covered hereby, including, without limitation, the technology and/or integrated circuit(s) included in the product, will not become obsolete or that such items are or will remain compatible with any other product or technology with which the product may be used.
How Long Coverage Lasts
- This limited warranty lasts for 90 days from the date of shipment to original Purchaser.
Who is Covered
- Only the original Purchaser of this product is covered under this limited warranty. This limited warranty is not transferable to subsequent Purchasers or owners of this product.
What LSR will do
- We will, at our sole option, provide one of the following three remedies to whatever extent we deem necessary to satisfy a proper claim under this limited warranty:
- Elect to repair or facilitate the repair of any defective parts within a reasonable period of time, free of any charge for the necessary parts and labor to complete the repair and restore this product to its proper operating condition. Because of the size and installation of the product, LSR expects Purchaser to cooperate and communicate with us concerning the diagnosis of problems, installation of replacement parts, components or software, as may be practicable, in our opinion, to facilitate timely and cost-effective repair. LSR will work with the Purchaser remotely, if feasible, to assess and repair components. If applicable, we will also pay the shipping costs necessary to return defective or damaged parts once the repair is complete. LSR may supply new or reconditioned components at its discretion.
- Replace this product with a direct replacement or with a similar product deemed by LSR to perform substantially the same function as the original product.
- Issue a refund of the original purchase price less depreciation to be determined based on the age of the product at the time remedy is sought under this limited warranty.
What LSR will not do
- If this product or any component is returned to LSR or any other party authorized to repair LSR products, the product or component must be insured during shipment, with the insurance and shipping charges prepaid by you. If this product or component is returned uninsured, you assume all risks of loss or damage during shipment. LSR will not be responsible for any costs related to the removal or re-installation of this product from or into any installation. Except as we may agree in writing in advance, LSR will not be responsible for any costs related to any setting up this product, any adjustment of user controls or any programming required for a specific installation of this product.
How to Obtain a Remedy under this Limited Warranty:
- To obtain a remedy under this limited warranty, you must contact LSR’s home office or the authorized distributor from whom you purchased this product.
- If this product or any component of it is returned under this limited warranty, a return authorization number, obtained from LSR, will be required. You may also be directed to an authorized reseller or a person authorized by LSR to repair the product. If it is decided that this product, or a component should be returned directly to LSR, the product or component should be properly packed, preferably in the original carton, for shipping. Cartons not bearing a return authorization number will be refused.
Limitation on Liability:
- THE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF LSR UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL NOT EXCEED THE ACTUAL PURCHASE PRICE PAID FOR THE PRODUCT. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, LSR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF PRODUCTION OR LOST PROFITS, RESULTING FROM ANY BREACH OF WARRANTY OR CONDITION, OR UNDER ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY. Some countries, districts or states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of relief, special, incidental, consequential or indirect damages, or the limitation of liability to specified amounts, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
- TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THIS LIMITED WARRANTY AND THE REMEDIES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, REMEDIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, LSR SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IF LSR CANNOT LAWFULLY DISCLAIM OR EXCLUDE IMPLIED WARRANTIES UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, THEN ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES COVERING THIS PRODUCT, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SHALL APPLY TO THIS PRODUCT AS PROVIDED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Inspect your shipment thoroughly upon delivery and report any damage or errors within 5 days of receipt of package.
Damaged Merchandise – Carriers will not permit claims after 5 days. Email images of product damages, manufacturer box, outer shipping carton, and shipping label to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will file a Damage Inspection Claim which results in a carrier follow-up to inspect your package. Carrier requires recipient to retain all boxes, labels, and packing materials until the claim has been approved. We will proceed with a replacement shipment once the carrier notifies us of claim approval.
Errors – Maintain copy of packing slip and shipping cartons while we correct the error.